Thursday, February 23, 2006

Where Are You?

Enough of this already,
Where the heck are you?!
I've been waiting like forever,
I wonder if you have, too.

I keep running in this hedge maze,
But each turn gets me no where.
I run faster and faster,
Oh it's just not fair, just not fair.

I even run at night,
When I can't even see.
Blinded by ambition,
Hopeless romantic, yep that's me.

Can't tell you how many times,
I thought it'd just be one more turn.
Onward I trek aimlessly,
I wonder if I'll ever learn.

I decided I'll just lay here,
And doze underneath a tree.
Why, you were running so fast,
You nearly fell on top of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice ending. happiness is just like that....

Anonymous said...

No, this is my favorite. I feel like you just wrote this for me, honestly. This was so me from age ohhh 16 to 20...( really probably age 14) searching for love & somehow falling upon it after patiently waiting... wonderful.