Sunday, February 12, 2006

Breaking Up

In an age long ago,
I loved her very much so.
But even then we fought,
With misdirected thought.

I don't know if the love was true,
Or just crafty lust born anew.
All I know is the pain,
And my ever-growing shame.

We speak daggers to and fro,
Curses that seem to flow.
I should have known I was tricked,
Strings of my heart now pricked.

Guess she didn't care after all,
Whether I rise, or whether I fall.
Yet through the ache and pain,
There is wisdom I have gained.

Each month we say Good-Bye,
But later come back to say Hi.
When will it stop, when will it end,
And who will take my heart to mend?

When I lived through her,
I thought I had found the cure.
Now I teach others not to love so much,
Because with it is a hate as such.

Back to loving myself, I guess,
In the lonely hollows of my crow's nest.
Back to spending those horrid nights,
Eating lonely dinners by candlelights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

letting go of something that once made you happy is difficult, even if now they are making you unhappy. eventually the scars left on you will fade & you WILL be able to move on, (Sometimes we need those lonely times to truly find what we want in the end)It sucks but I can relate to this one

Stephen said...

Sometimes the scars don't fade, but serve as reminders of past actions, and help to guide future ones.

Anonymous said...

Could it be that sometimes it is just best to cut the ties altogether so you can truly move on? No hello's and good-bye's. Just "it had it's purpose and now I'll go towards to future".