Wednesday, February 08, 2006

To: Anonymous

Perhaps writing this poem,
Will cause me later on to rue.
For when you read it you'll never know,
That it's a poem from me to you.

Oh mystery person how you've healed me so,
You keep me exposed to others with things you say.
For whatever reason your attention I might have,
You raise me up and keep me from fading away.

Is it a tragedy you may never know,
Or a tragedy that I will never say?
At a time when no one was there,
You walked in to my life and said "Hey".

I am much too scared to have feelings,
So I feign myself with regret and doubt.
Instead of facing you brave and sure,
I sit back and whimper and pout.

I'm sorry I can never tell you,
Or utter the words I long to say.
I know you would not understand,
Or care about them anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely love poem. i hope she reads it -- and knows.