Wednesday, February 01, 2006

3,001 Steps

I took 3,001 steps today,
And with each one I thought of you,
The weight of my feet seemed to grow,
I was happy when the day was through.

But when I go to sleep,
I am still fully aware,
That when I awake from dreams,
You will still be there.

At one thousand steps,
I remembered your smile,
It brought sorrow to my heart,
That I had not known in a while.

At two thousand steps,
I remembered your tears,
And how I would comfort you,
And relieve you of your fears.

At three thousand steps,
My day had come to an end,
You were still within my heart,
For forgotten love is forbidden sin.

The final step I knew was you,
Letting me know you love me forever,
But you are gone now,
And we are no longer together.

I took that final step,
Just before I went to bed,
A constant reminder you love me,
Even though you are dead.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I LOVE this poem :)