Saturday, February 18, 2006

Is It A Mystery? (Not Really...)

I see you in the face of every girl I pass,
Every laugh they emit brings to mind that sweet sass.
While I write this you're miles and miles away,
Resting from a weary week, and sleeping away the day.

I doubt you've thought of me in quite some time,
You've probably forgotten me, but that's just fine.
Unbeknownst to you - you will live within my heart,
A painting I'll always remember, as beautiful living art.

I know you aren't quite perfect, which is why I love you so,
Or atleast feign my love, in an attempt my love to show.
You will never be free of that ignorance, of how you affected who I am,
Or of how in such a short time, the love within my heart I crammed.

Embark on your dreaming after the long day is through,
Whilst in my life I dream awake, and I consistently dream of you.
I apologize for loving so deeply, without first gaining your permission.
It's your fault for being so perfect, and becoming my heart's ignition.

No comments: