Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

I woke up with sadness,
But for why I cannot quite say.
Then it suddenly hits me,
Oh yea, it's Valentine's Day.

How many times have I spent,
Wallowing and acting depressed.
If only I could tell you,
If only my love I could confess.

Every other person I saw today,
Was holding hands and smiling wide.
Why can't I tell you I love you,
Why can't I to you confide?

Maybe it's because you don't exist,
A shadow that's dreamy and surreal.
But a shadow could never accomplish,
In making me love this way and feel.

I spent the whole day alone,
In that sad slouched-over pose.
I did not once hug or kiss,
Or buy a single chocolate or rose.

I check my mail at the end of the day,
And there's a card in there from you:
"Happy Valentine's to a special guy!
With Love From, You-Know-Who".

No comments: