Thursday, February 23, 2006

Butterflies (They're Back)

**It's the 100th post! Decided to re-do the very first poem I've written for this blog. The original is still one of my favorites and better than alot of the recent ones I've written (in my opinion, anyway).

I see you in my dreams,
But my dreams are just a lie.
I was gonna call you today,
But was stopped by a butterfly.

D'you wanna know a secret?
Don't tell - but I'm really shy!
I'm not real good at talkin',
(Its 'cause of the butterfly).

It allows me to love,
Though I'm not sure why.
'Cause each time I get closer,
I'm stopped by that butterfly!

I'm not gonna give up though,
I know I'll do it if I try!
Even if I gotta strangle,
That gorgeous butterfly.

I want you to know,
That if I'm ever to die,
That you can blame it!
On that damned butterfly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. love it. love it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Loove it! Loved the first one (after you helped my with your interpretation) and love the follow up!