Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sanctuary

Inside of my soul there is a garden,
To which I retreat during troubling times.
I water the flowers and admire their beauty,
And lay in the shade while I conjure new rhymes.

Through the branches of wise trees,
The turquoise sky peeks through.
A perfect blanket that covers Space,
It goes for miles but does not change hue.

Off to one side is a wooden church,
Magnificently white and glowing.
This is my Church of Spirituality,
The place my spirit is constantly growing.

A Hammock is positioned in a corner,
Right next to the bed of roses.
I hope soon there will be a lover here,
For this is where my heart dozes.

My mind is my Self,
Tending to the flowers, hammock, and Church.
Sometimes running freely between,
Other times moving with a staggering lurch.

My soul is the infinite sky,
Who watches over this peaceful domain.
Protecting it from evil elements,
And providing nourishment with its Rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now this is a good example of meditation! i'd make sure to go there every day if i could!

Anonymous said...

This is a breath of fresh air, just what I needed to read (as I've been stressed). nice to be able to go to a place by reading this poem, very peaceful. I think i'll print this out and read it when i need to 'chill out.'