Monday, February 27, 2006

My Daily Walk

Every day I walk down the same path out of my city. I start by exiting the place I might as well call my home. As soon as I exit there's a spot just to the left that I used in the past to idle my time. This is the spot that I have probably spent the most time at, because it is where I spent time with someone I thought I loved dearly. When I walk past that spot, I still feel emotion and still am affected by the time we spent together. Whenever I hear a song that reminds me of that spot, it still touches deep to my heart. Ultimately this spot is where we had the fights, and later made up, and where my greatest heart break and happiness of my life occurred.

Moving on to a little further down the path, there's a spot on the right behind a fountain. This is where I used to spend time with what I thought at the time was the first person I ever loved. After spending a day together we would say good night to each other behind that fountain before we went to sleep. Eventually I discovered that this person was merely using me and I became very unhappy and upset. Still, whenever I walk past that fountain I can't help but remember the countless memories that are forever imbedded within my mind. Memories with this person are the strongest ones that I have.

Further down on the right is a little niche. This is where a lone and mysterious person spends their time when they are not busy helping someone or helping themselves. This niche is the most painful. I never loved this person. I actually met them through that one person who I said goodnight to behind the fountain. My love blinded me to them as a person, and thus we collectively neglected them. It wasn't long before this person chose to ignore my existence. Every day I walk past this location and my heart is torn, as I wish I could say I'm sorry and have them acknowledge me. They may never know the torment that I feel for the actions that I committed.

A simple walk to start my day. Three locations that constantly remind me of my past and the decisions I have to make for the future. Such simple things that people look at and take for granted every day, have changed my life forever.

No comments: