Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Patience versus Wasting Time

They say miracles happen every day,
But I'm still waiting for mine.
As if I'll be handed a form,
And a dotted line to sign.

Patience isn't rewarded,
Certainly not with joy.
Waiting is doing nothing,
And forms a man that's still a boy.

Biding my time surely won't suffice,
If I wish to change my ways.
Yes I fear, that nothing will come,
Simply by noting the days.

This is how I know,
That change will never happen.
This is why I am sad,
And my will to live has slackened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one, makes me think about these comments though...

"you're happy one minute, maybe you're not going to be so happy tomorrow. when things are dark and terrible, you just say, shit changes. it's not going to be here forever."


OBSERVE your experiences don't become them.

Anonymous said...

my view of this topic is this: this present moment is all i have and what is real. i have control over it and the emotions/decisions i make while living in the here-and-now of this present moment. so... am i going to make those decisions based on love or fear? those are the only two choices i need to make. everything that comes after that is beyond my control.