Thursday, March 02, 2006

After Giving It Some Thought...

Our lives occur in periods, or eras. We have distinct lengths of time in our past which can be identified by one or two significant factors which at the time helped to shape us in to who we are today. If a person looks back on these time periods with regret, however, they will be wasting time. Any time spent lamenting the spent time on previous periods of eras of one's life is time that could be spent building a new era.

Often times it is very hard to move on from one period to the next. Sometimes there are transition periods where we aren't really motivated by anything at all. In fifty to sixty years I'll be looking back at the important periods and eras of my life. Only time will tell what those periods and eras of the future will be. My existence may mean nothing to the cosmos, but it can hold purpose and meaning if I allow the periods and eras to stand for who I am. The actions or emotions felt during periods and eras not only affect who you think you are, but also the entity you are perceived to be by other souls.

I'm just experiencing the end of an era. Such periods in my life are to be expected, and I must be ready to deal with them. Enough of these ramblings I've been posting the last few days.

It's time to get back to poetry.

I'm back everyone.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I sense a person maturing and defining who he wants to be and how he wants others to see him. As I have said "Make each day count, do not count the days." Part of what makes maturing tough is that we have to do it under all types of circumstances. Know that your next step is in a positive direction...have confidence!

Stephen said...

I didn't write that so I don't know why it says I did, although I know who did write it, and appreciate the words.