Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'll Be Happier In The Morning. I Hope...

For those who are reading this as the first thing ever on here - I realize it sucks. Alot of the better things are in earlier months (in the Archive links on the side). And FYI to anyone who might actually care - I'm haven't ever tried to kill myself, and probably never will. People just do (or in this case write) stupid crap when they get depressed.

A bottle of pills,
Only a few feet away.
Should I take twenty and die,
Or just one to live another day?

I sure wish I had some friends,
Who could talk me out of this.
Who could stop the metal knife,
As it slowly approaches my wrist.

I am so small, so tiny,
That I almost don't exist.
Other than some of my family,
I know I wouldn't be missed.

I wonder if I make them sad,
By talking about this stuff.
Don't worry folks, you've nothing to fear,
'Cause killing yourself is really tough.

Would you even try to save me,
Or would you continue to watch me to fall?
Would your words be true and filled with love,
Or just an effort in trying to make me stall?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In highschool, I knew of 3 different people who committed suicide (Not close friends) but 2 were acquaintances). I could never fathom how deeply sad one must be to do this.
Although I know I have been in a place where all I wanted to do was fly away & escape... I knew that leaving permanantely wasn't my answer.
I think this poem would have resonated with those people that took their own lives, maybe if someone had heard them, they would still be here. Or maybe not.
Sometimes it is hard to be strong and fight the fight, it may be thought that it is just easier to surrender, whether that is suicide or giving up in other ways.
The message I'm taking away from this, may be different then the intended meaning. I'm hoping that in writing this, it will convince or raise awareness as to why suicide is not an option.