Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dreams (Of You)

This is an actual dream that I had.

I'm there with you. The two of us. And I don't know why. Why we are together. Together and having fun. It's what I've always wanted. So why does it have to be a dream? Why does it have to be fake? Why can't it be real? Why does it have to be a dream...?

I don't even know all of what we did. All I remember is being with you, then losing you for a few minutes, then with the help of my old best friend (who I haven't talked to in about two years-plus) I found you again. After that I don't know what happened. Did you run from me? Did you want me to find you? Were you relieved that I found you, or disappointed? These answers I don't know. My unconscious will not allow me to see that deeply in to such matters. I was not supposed to know such things.

A man held out his hand before we boarded the elevator to go up to the third floor. He said something religious, to which I retorted something smart, and the door shut after I shook his hand with a grin. We looked at each other. For a few seconds atleast. You were looking at me. How wonderful that felt. To have you look at me. Then you smiled, too, because me and you are religiously the same. That was a good moment.

It was on the third floor I lost you. You went to the bathroom, so I decided to also. People were messing with some poor kid in the bathroom, so I decided not to go in, so as to avoid attention. I suppose that's a subconscious action I've been doing throughout my life. Avoiding attention. Especially unwanted attention.

I think that we escaped. I cannot be sure of this, but after I found you in the room that reminded me of both Italy and Shakespeare's Hamlet (even though upon reflection I was wrong in my dream - the setting was actually Macbeth), and after we escaped from that weird thing that had almost captured you (did I save you?), we were at a staircase. The last thing I remember is staring down the staircase. I imagined that if I ran down it at full speed, you would follow me.

That feeling, that you would follow me wherever I went, was possibly the best part of the dream. I begin to think what it would feel like to be able to have someone like that. Perhaps to be able to have you like that. I pictured us running down the stairs in my mind, but we never actually did so. I just pictured it in my head. Over. And over. And over.

Until I woke up.

No comments: