Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cut

**I've never cut myself, and never will. Makes me too woozy to think about lol.

Some people use them to cut paper,
But I use them to forget,
The volly of insults you threw,
And how they made me upset.

Some people use it to shave hair,
But I use it to move on,
From how sad you make me feel,
From the time I awake at dawn.

Some people use it to start a car,
But I use it to silently cope.
Maybe if you push me too far,
I'll end it all instead with rope.

"Ugly, hermit, loner, loser",
Cut, Slice, Dice, and Slash.
Keep throwing insults my way,
Eventually my life will not last.

'Til that one day when I tripped,
And he held out his hand with care.
My sleeve came up when I moved,
And he could do nothing but stare.

I tried to run but he held on firm,
And my heart suddenly backflipped.
He hugged me and cried, as did I,
Thank the Lord that I tripped.

---
*If you don't get the "underlying message" to this let me know, 'cause it's pretty neat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it that we all need someone to "save" us? what is your interpretation or meaning?

Anonymous said...

one of my favorite songs is titled "Angels Unaware" by the Woody's. It has the same theme as your poem.