Saturday, September 02, 2006

Watcher

For the first time in my life a friend close to me has died. I didn't know her name until after she died, but she helped me through many hard periods of my life. I know she was around my age, and one of the most caring and helpful people in the world. I knew that she was sick, but I never knew it would end her life.

No matter who you were, or what you needed help with, she would help you. So many people knew her by this attitude of hers. She never did anything that only benefitted herself. She put her trust in to people only to be betrayed countless times, but continued giving her trust, and never stopped. We talked about many things, and she helped me with many things. She told me she was sick. I thought she was taking medicine, and that it would all be ok.

For a couple of months I didn't talk to her, and then I see a message about RIP and two dates. I thought that it might be her, but I didn't know. Earlier tonight I found out it was. I wonder if I'm going to cry. Then I wonder when. Or for how long.

I'll probably help a few people out for her sake. Continue her Mother Teresa-esque work in the world that we lived in. Maybe one day, someone will ask me why I help people so much. And I can tell them, "For her sake".

I still don't know if heaven exists. But if it does, I know she's there.

There is no other place for angels to be.

You've shown me how great a human life can be, and for that I will try to cherish mine.

Rest in peace Sharon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sad - How beautifully you have written about a part of life most people don't like to talk about. Remembering her is a great gift to yourself and others who loved her.