Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ghosts of the Heart

For me the coping was hard,
But for him - a nightmare.
I was ignorant for months,
He probably knew right away.
My tears are but sprinkles,
Compared to his emotional storm.
The love we lost was different,
Which is perhaps why...

He went by himself,
To that grave where they lay.
The etched granite of stone,
Displaying a world in memories.
Maddening his love was,
So much so he wanted to stay.
To always be there with her,
The two pains were incomparable.

Just inches from death,
A rustling from a tree.
Withered with no leaves,
And solitary - lonely.
He saw her by that tree,
And she begged him to stop.
She promised him there,
That they would meet again.

He goes back to the dead tree,
Where he swears he saw her.
No one will believe him,
But the other day - I saw.
By the tree sitting, with a smile,
He was talking to the air.
And there's only one person I know,
Who could ever make him smile like that.

No comments: