Thursday, September 21, 2006

For The Best?

I want to apologize
for lying to you.
My insides are on fire
from breaking your trust.
Tears fill your eyes
and intensity rises.
You look at me like that,
like it's unbelievable.
We're simply too far apart
for this dream to come true.
We live in two separate worlds
that not even love can combine.
I hold you in my arms
and say 'Sorry' over and over.
If only I was born
in a different time and place.

I would have never had to say
that I didn't love you,
even though I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love comes in many forms. Some are for animals, some for friends,some for family, some for lovers. Sometimes we have to let love go. Put it in a virtual memory box to think of now and then,but not dwell on - because if you dwell, you can't open yourself up to new experiences and new loves. Letting a love go,doesn't negate it, it just lets life move forward.