Monday, September 18, 2006

Sorry, But I Can't Help It

"Scoot over a little", she said,
"I'm smaller than you."
"That's all right", I replied,
"You can stretch out."

The crack in our window
which we've never had fixed,
allowed the cold winter air
to creep across our sheets.

I lend her most of my blanket
and her chest heaved a sigh.
"It's getting cold", she said,
"I'm fine, take some of mine."

So I took half of her blanket,
on top of all of mine.
At the sound of her sleeping breath
and the feeling of her shivering,
I wrapped both blankets around her,
and kissed her on the forehead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your love poetry is so very heartfelt and so intense. It's like a part in a movie that i can actually see. Hope you experience lots of loves in your life and then one day, --- one special lifelong love.