Tuesday, July 18, 2006

You

Your mind is patient,
Your hands are gentle.
Your grace is genuine,
And your heart sentimental.

I almost cannot stare at you,
Because my head begins to swirl.
How is even God capable,
Of making such a girl?

Your tears resemble daggers,
That pierce straight through my heart.
An embrace to dissolve the sobs,
That no one can break apart.

Yet those eyes are so strong,
Burning from a soul on fire.
The person I love the most,
And also that I admire.

You're always there for me,
If I have a bad day.
With those three words,
That so lovingly you say.

There's nothing else in the world,
That I wish to possess.
Which is why when you ask if I love you,
I can't help it but say "Yes".

You improve me a thousandfold,
By giving me expectations to live up to.
I used to think God didn't exist,
And then suddenly I found you.

I am unworthy of your heart,
That belongs with the angels of the Sky.
It was surely a mistake you were sent,
To me to live and die.

You belong somewhere else,
With a halo and pair of wings.
I'm sorry I can only offer,
My love and a ring.

I will always be there for you,
So don't hesitate to ask.
Because loving you with all my heart,
Is such an easy task.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this gave me chills, absolutely captures pure, honest love. so genuine and everything i would want to say to the person i love. one of my favorites.