Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fireworks

*Note: This didn't actually happen -_-'

---

I was miles and miles away,
From being able to see you.
Instead I was trapped in prison,
With bars painted Green and Blue.

The night crawled on slowly,
With silence filling my ears.
I could hear the people outside,
Shouting and yelling their cheers.

I had seen atleast one firework on every 4th,
Ever since I was only a kid.
And although I could hear them crashing above,
To see them I was forbid.

I knew you were with friends,
So I didn't want to call.
Which is why I wasn't surprised,
You didn't contact me at all.

Perhaps I was expecting,
A little 'How is your night?'.
Or maybe even a visit,
To sympathize with my plight.

But instead all I had,
Was a lonely store to lurk.
And to think that for the first time,
I wouldn't see a single firework.

When it came time to leave,
And I saw friends and family in the lot,
I thought of you and your friends,
On their big and private yacht.

I was a little surprised to see you,
Propped up against my car.
I said 'The fireworks are over',
You said, 'Yes, yes they are'.

Then you leaned in to kiss me,
Calling me your 'favorite sales clerk'.
And you made sure that tonight,
I was able to see my fireworks.

No comments: