Saturday, July 08, 2006

People

Two stanzas per person


I trust you because you know me,
Or atleast act like you do.
You've known me ever since,
I made my famous debut.

Now you probably feel sorry,
For situations I find myself in.
You might understand me the best,
As the closest of my kin.

---

You're a phantom and a ghost,
That I will probably never see.
But if I am in bad spirits,
I know you'll be there for me.

I hope you don't hate your life,
Seeing you have it induces envy.
Because you have everything I want,
And are what I want to be.

---

Like me I know that you,
Are often very bored.
Like a blank tape run dry,
But left to endlessly record.

As we both search for change,
And answers that may not exist,
We probably both look back,
On friendships that we missed.

---

I know your name and age,
What to say to make your gut split.
What a shame I make you laugh,
But will never even hear it.

You see who I am,
Unfiltered and without shields.
You're one of the lucky few,
That to myself I have revealed.

---

Sometimes I wonder about you,
I ponder if it's all a bluff.
Somehow you make me feel,
Like I'll never be good enough.

I've stared up at the stars,
What'd it be like if they were ours?
I hope we both evade scars,
And from this loop of feelings so bizarre.

---

Even the shortest of stories,
Can have endings that are bittersweet.
But the endings are like these people,
To be without them would be incomplete.

No comments: