Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Shy, Quiet, Single, Lonely People

Out of all the things they ask,
They really would like to know,
The age old question in their mind,
¿Por qué estoy solo?

Was it a mistake they made,
During their ignorant childhood?
Or the fact they don't belong,
Destined to be misunderstood.

Life sure is hard for them,
When there is no helping hand.
Sometimes their hearts feel empty,
As if they were unmanned.

And yet I bet each of you,
There's more of these people than you think.
Together we'll fill up the world,
With our hearts always out of sync.

It sure does stink to live like this,
So maybe we should get connected.
If only we didn't all deathly fear,
The thought of being rejected.

Next time you think your alone,
With nowhere to turn or go,
You can join the rest and ask,
¿Por qué estoy solo?

Then you can visit me again,
And read up on what I write.
For I understand your struggle,
Since I share the exact same plight.

No comments: