Saturday, July 29, 2006

Doing Okay...

All of you are so concerned,
With the poetry I display.
When you ask if I'm alright,
I'll tell you I'm okay.

"Hey, how are you?"
Is a line so overly cliché.
Yet not as much as my reply,
"I think I'm doing okay".

One of you even asked,
The same exact question today.
Guess what I said?
That I was doing okay.

Perhaps you'll never see,
The inside I never portray.
Which is why you'll never know,
I'm really not doing okay.

Every day in disarray,
With my life in decay,
I don't display my dismay,
I just say I'm doing okay.

Not necessarily about me, at least not right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know .... I see it ... and I worry

Anonymous said...

Maybe not about you today - maybe not about me today -- but it is about all of us on certain days. But on days that this is how someone feels, wouldn't it be great if after the question, "how are you doing?" we could all answer honestly and maybe open the lines of communication? That's what I hope for. People can't help if you always shut them out.