Friday, June 02, 2006

A Yearning

How heavy is your heart?
Mine weighs about a ton.
It's always reaching out,
Reaching like the sun.

But its rays go unnoticed,
And vanish in to space.
To distant lands of darkness,
A forsaken and lonely place.

Here and there they graze a star,
But it will not belong to me.
That love is meant for another soul,
Which will summon my jealousy.

I cannot buy it and I cannot dream,
To possess this crafty devil.
All I do is stare at others,
Who love on a different level.

Each part makes it whole,
I want to give each one a chance.
From the carnal passion of love,
To a beautiful romance.

But alas I dream in futility,
For dreaming is all I shall do.
When hope shines a ray on me,
I can only sit back and rue.

Perhaps if I was a sinner,
I'd be a bit more closer to Hell.
But atleast I'd feel a little love,
And have an "I love you" to tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this poem brings me to a place i know i've been before- a feeling of no purpose, a feeling of regret... and as your title says a yearning to have things differently. this poem feels very honest to me.