Friday, June 23, 2006

Dear The Floor,

I don't expect too many people to understand this.

While in my zone of solitude,
Consisting of towels and drapes.
You probably noticed tonight,
I wasn't in real good shape.

Maybe you all thought I was mad,
Since I heard that I never smile.
But I'd like to tell that person,
I haven't been mad in quite a while.

Perhaps you thought to ask me,
Each time you saw me walk past.
But you probably thought I was fine,
And that my mood wouldn't last.

The truth is I wasn't sad or mad,
Or trying to act big and tough.
I just felt somewhere inside,
That I wasn't good enough.

I drove off these thoughts,
As persistent as they are.
I'm sorry to say they stayed,
All the way to my car.

When I'm happy I think I'm annoying,
But when I'm quiet I think I am too.
I apologize for producing the latter,
I'm sorry to you all if I offended you.

The other "Red person" said something nice,
And I think that they knew "why".
Why I feel like I fall short,
No matter how hard that I try.

---

The Floor has some of my best friends, so I wanted to say sorry I guess...

No comments: