Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In A Sec

Trudging through my day,
Partaking in the mundane,
I turn a corner and find you,
And my heart constricts in pain.

It ails because in that moment,
That brief one second of time,
I am overtaken by you,
And your ever-present shine.

In the first third of a millisecond,
My heart beats three times fast.
I wonder if yours does the same,
Or if it is me your looking past.

In the second third I see you move,
Raising an arm to wave me down.
I'm feeling acknowledged and pleased,
As my heart begins to drown.

In that last brief instant,
Before I go to say hello,
You manage to form a smile,
And it is then that I know.

I know that whatever else follows,
Will be a force with which to be reckoned.
I love each and every minute with you,
Even the first and longest second.

No comments: