Sunday, June 25, 2006

Password

I was once in love with a girl,
Who lived in the southeast like me.
My heart was her playing field,
And she was my referee.

Sadly we had to part ways,
Shortly after 'Canon in D'.
Now whenever I turn on the radio,
All I'll hear is Vitamin C.*

But while in love I made a move,
At first I didn't realize it occurred.
But slowly and surely she entered my life,
With each and every additional password.

At first it was for my PC,
So I could log in and chat to her.
I'd type her name to access my account,
And with each letter my love would recur.

Then I included it in countless others,
It became my loving master key.
I even encoded it to my locker,
Using the sequence of Fibonacci.

Yet when her father became angry,
And split us both apart,
I knew the time had come,
To say goodbye and depart.

But her name still remained,
On my phone and bank account.
As well as my PC,
Or when I'd apply for a grocery discount.

Every time I punched it in,
And saw the seven stars appear,
I knew her name was hidden beneath,
And thus would shed a tear.

Then one day at the bank,
Shortly after entering "My Code".
I looked up to the teller and stopped,
And saw the smile on her face still glowed.

---
*Canon in D and "Graduation" by Vitamin C are both popular graduation songs.

No comments: