Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Cured

Every once a while,
Our eyes are opened wide.
So I won't miss this chance,
By sitting by on the side.

We only get the chance,
A couple times a year.
To let go of all our problems,
And everything we fear.

Something opens us up,
And gives us some insight.
And even though it is cliché,
It shows us a new light.

It might be a movie,
Or in this case a song.
Out of nowhere it cures,
Anything and everything that's wrong.

Another transformation begins,
And awakens my beast within.
Creating some miracles of Nature,
And some devils from men.

---

No idea if anyone will understand this. Oh well \(^_^)/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i take this poem as meaning that for some reason we as people are often given an opportunity to be enlightened. I have had this experience many a times, whether it's a movie, a quote, a song... Something clicks and I could realize "I need to change my thinking." or "Maybe I need to re- evaluate something." or maybe it just re-affirms something for me. I think these moments in life are crucial, b/c if you are not open enough to see and accept these little "signs" we are given, we may never see the world from a different perspective or we may never have the hope of change.