Thursday, June 29, 2006

Questions

How do I fight my greatest enemy,
When it stares me in the face?
Through a rusty hub cap or glass,
Which is impossible to erase?

How do I ignore the thoughts,
Which won't seem to go away?
If I try and say I have control,
Then why won't they ever obey?

A blank white slate, a blank white slate,
I try to picture nothingness in my mind.
But the unstable thoughts fuse together,
And with my reason becomes entwined.

Thoughts and actions longing for marriage,
Floating through a life with no solution.
Forever seeking the proper tools,
To by my own hand inflict retribution.

Swift judgment against myself,
To try and get back in line.
Where everyone walks together,
As if we are on cloud nine.*

Will I make it back to the others,
Or float further and further apart?
Will I meet them at the end,
Or wind up all the way at the start?

---

*Look it up.

No comments: