Sunday, June 04, 2006

Who Will I Be Today?

More unrhyming poetry.

When it comes to others I ask,
Who will I be today?
Bold and daring, shy and weak?
It seems to change so fast.

It's painful by myself,
When I have no form or shape.
But often in the company of strangers,
I feel afraid to let it show.

People tell you to be yourself,
And forget those who don't like you.
Yet when support is what you're lacking,
Facing rejection can be lethal.

I feel sorry for others most of all,
Who are trying to get closer.
I wish to tell them to step inside,
Where I am eagerly awaiting them.

Yet I know in the end,
It is ultimately up to me.
To go out and find them,
And try to make a friend.

Will this fear overcome me,
And my ability to step forward?
Will it hold me back and away,
From perhaps finding the best thing in my life?

Maybe it would be better,
If I knew how long I had.
So I'd have no regrets of being me,
And living my one and only life.

People weren't meant to live alone,
But in the company and arms of others.
So it is for these others I seek,
To help me live and love.

No comments: