Saturday, June 24, 2006

I don't like fancy explanations.

I like the simple explanations,
That explain the way life works.
I like the simple ups and downs,
Not the big numbers and words.

Pseudoscience tries hard,
To sway with falsifiability.
Switching teams ever quickly,
With that sinister science agility.

Why look so deep in people's hearts,
To find answers that already exist.
Instead of helping a troubled soul,
We label them things like masochist.

Who isn't lost in this life,
Where everyone's trying to find their way?
Let's use what we know for sure,
And not sciences of a varying array.

I'm simply asking you to stop thinking,
And for once try following your heart.
Glide blindly towards The End,
Which was destined from the start.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Please tell me someone understand this >_>

Anonymous said...

this makes me think do i believe "that things happen for a reason, so just 'roll' w/ it." OR do i believe that you must have a plan and answers for the future. I've never been able to choose a side. I have to pick both. I like how you write in the end just follow your heart, b/c after debating over all the complexities in people and life, it is reassuring to hear... "stop thinking and follow your heart." what's your reasoning and take on this one?

Stephen said...

I just got tired of science ruining everything. I heard in Psych last Spring semester that when two people fall in love there's something in their brain that attracts them (often called 'puppy love'), and that after this certain chemical wears off, you are - I quote - "On your own". I didn't like that much, especially because I knew it was probably backed up with evidence.

So I just wrote this at a poke to science and all that. We're trying to find the answers to questions that don't have any relevance to us. We are here, on this world, and we should focus on that.