Wednesday, June 07, 2006

60 Seconds or Less

Unrhyming poetry.

I've read Stephen King novels,
exhilarating, enthralling.
Full of intellect,
And over one-thousand pages long.

I've unleashed the beast within,
Slathered in inebriation.
Heavy metal pounding off my chest,
Leaving a ringing in my ears.

I've downloaded soft vocal tracks,
Of sentimental nature.
Soft and caressing,
To a delicate and nurturing soul.

[A stanza used to be here but I took it out because I didn't like it].

I've read science fiction books,
Like Harry Potter and The Golden Compass.
Releasing the child somewhere inside,
And believing in magic once more.

I've fallen in love in an hour,
And out of it the next.
Now I'm waiting,
For love to fall in to me.

I've gone from a self-proclaimed agnostic,
To being a believer (of God),
In the short time span,
Of just a few weeks.

None of this is consistent,
But it is all me.
A Me,
That I wouldn't trade for anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loooove poems about the self. I like the line about love falling into you...