Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Always

No matter which way I turn,
No matter which direction I face,
I'm reminded in some way of you,
A memory I cannot erase.

If I turn on the radio,
I'll hear songs we sung together.
Or if I see gray clouds forming,
How you liked the rainy weather.

If I feel drowsy during the day,
I remember our two-hour naps.
And how if I asked if you loved me,
You'd grin and say "Perhaps".

I'll wake up in the morning,
My hand clutching hair on my head.
Remembering a time it was yours,
And not my lonely self instead.

I'll cook things we made together,
Because the smells remind me of you.
All that's different are my tears,
Which drop effortlessly in to the brew.

Why do you have to be everywhere,
Except the one place that matters?
I now live in a world of silence,
That was once filled with your chatter.

No matter how hard that I try,
I don't think I'll ever forget,
Because things remind me every day,
Of the very first day we met.

Always, I will remember,
Always, I'll love you.
Always, I'll be there,
I just wish you could be here too.

No comments: