Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Even If...


Upload music at Bolt.

I ask myself every day,
If you could be the one.
But "one" is never the same,
And in fact there might be none.

A dream made up in my head,
A you that doesn't exist.
With a face I've never touched,
And lips I've never kissed.

Yet who you are is there,
And I can see it clear.
My eyes and fingertips,
Are what I use to hear.

Who's to say this isn't right?
I just believe what's in my heart.
However making sense of that,
Is the really confusing part.

When the power goes out,
And I'm left sitting in the dark.
I play this song for myself,
Letting it leave its mark.

Years have gone by,
And I'm still not sure I know.
If it's still too late to act,
Or if it is now time to let go.

I'll be the very best friend,
That I know how to be.
I'll be whoever you need,
Or do whatever you ask of me.

It isn't too late, for you to ask,
A little favor now and then.
Because even if I can't love you,
I will always be your friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi. haven't commented in awhile, but just wanted to let you know i've been keeping up with your work. i like the music you've added. very soulful. you continue to speak for those who have yet to find true love. just remember - "like attracts like". what you're putting out is what is being attracted back to you. we come in all shapes and sizes and wear many disguises. keep your eyes and heart open, and you'll find her.