Thursday, August 10, 2006

When I'm Gone

I'd like to do it,
To see if you'd say bye.
To see if you'd care,
To see if you'd cry.

I'd go through with it,
Just to see past your walls,
Just to see if I'm important,
Just to see if I matter at all.

I'd do it again if I could,
Only to see the emotion in your face.
Only to see the twinkle in your eyes,
Only to see the tears start to race.

I can only pull the trigger once,
Since it's a very final type of task.
It's a shame I won't see at all,
Since I was too scared to simply ask.

I never knew how you felt, and now I never will. I am sorry. I just hope that you feel something after I'm gone. Anything... Anything at all.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

The thoughts/motives behind many attempted suicide victims. Thoughts I think many of us at some point in our lives have had. Thoughts that many of us have no support in overcoming.