Monday, August 28, 2006

12 Months

January seems to ebb and flow,
I'm told it's the most depressing of months,
For it holds the day with the least sunshine,
And also the day I was born.

February likes to roll on in,
Like a man cutting in the carwash line.
I pray for snow, I pray it comes.
But it never does in time.

March tries to bring some promise,
With warm winds washing your face.
Maybe the AC is simply broken,
But I feel so cold inside.

April brings the showers,
But mixed with sun - it makes no sense.
I'd much rather the sky be gloomy,
So I'm not guilty, or sad, or bent.

May marks the beginning,
Of free time I'll never use.
Just the beginning of another obsession,
May I please have it be you?

June, what a pretty name,
I'm sure she's beautiful.
I pontificate if it's stalking,
Or simply courage - void and null.

July holds bright rays,
Shining down upon God's grace.
What a shame I stay indoors,
O where art thou Emily?

August - what an emotion.
Special for different reasons,
But each one different,
Depending on who you ask.

September appears in hours,
Of work, and school (but play?).
Nay, just labor for me,
Trying to cope with my life.

October is where I'll hit my groove,
Thinking life is going just fine.
I think of Thanksgiving and Christmas,
Where there will be other people to dine.

November, a procrastinator's worst dream,
Rushing to complete their resolutions.
Hurrying and scurrying their lives,
Before wondering where the years went.

December is such a joyous month,
For it finally gives us time to love.
New Year's gives us wishes to make,
Before the same subsequent year begins.

And each one after that,
All exactly the same.
Atleast so far that's been the case,
I pray for change, maybe later - for death.

No comments: