Monday, January 30, 2006

Suicide Poem

**Don't be frightened by the title. I'm not considering killing myself, or anything like that. Just a topic I wanted to write about (and will write about more in the future) because it intrigues me.

It is all finally over,
It has all come to an end.
I never thought it would go this far,
That I would be broken and unable to mend.

My mind was destroyed first,
I just didn't get it, I couldn't understand.
People would ask me "What's the matter?",
And I slapped away their helping hand.

My soul was murdered next,
When I lost my will to live.
If you fall off a horse you have to get back on,
But eventually, even a horse will give.

My heart was the last to tumble,
And with it my hopes and dreaming gaze.
All that was left was my ghostless body,
And the method I would use to raze.

I had the day picked out,
When all my pain would be through.
Standing in line with a box of sleeping pills,
When suddenly I met you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...the ending of that is great. the whole time you're being set up for something absolutely traumatic, but one single line has the power to turn it around.