Friday, January 13, 2006

At The Moment

It's not that I don't want to talk to you,
Or that I wish you were someone else.
It's my own shyness and insecurities,
Which prevent me from sharing my self.

Like one of those treasure boxes,
Sought after from every thieves' lair.
And when you open it, you only find,
The treasure are the friends who helped you there.

I may not be what you expect,
But I respect you all the same.
For deep down is the knowledge,
That I was not born to acquire such fame.

Please utter a simple few phrases,
To remind me that I'm not alone.
And keep me alive,
And out of a world of my own.

If I shall, and can, and will,
Then perhaps one day I will confess to you [the reader],
And pour from my soul the words,
And give birth to friendship anew.

I will love you before I meet you,
Because universal love must remain strong,
And we all must love one another,
In order to create Heaven, and her throng.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again...you read my mind. i can totally relate to what you're talking about in this.

Anonymous said...

haha.. i thought you said thong... yea.. but it was good ^-^