Friday, October 27, 2006

This is what I wish I had said to him when he called the last stanza of my poem cliche

He said what I wrote was stock language. All because I used the word love, I think. WELL I'M SO SORRY! I guess I just wanted to write it out the way it felt to me naturally. And that was by holding that person in my arms. No need to call it cliche. Is the word love banned from poetry? So sorry for committing such a sinful act. I guess next time I'll use one of your god damned metaphors. And for the record, I'm not changing the stanza. I'm leaving it the way it fucking is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons that I LOVE poetry, and most art,is because each piece is unique and original. Although there will always be critics in life, we can take away what we want from them. Most people write, paint, cook, etc., for the love of it - not the like of it!