Monday, October 09, 2006

I Picked a Flower Today...

I picked a flower today.
It had two stems that jutted out
from the main stalk.
And on the tips of those stems
was leafy foliage that tickled my face.
Its petals were deliciously tantalizing,
however I don't eat flowers.
To bumble bees and hummingbirds,
this flower must have been Paradise,
a dream they longed to reach.
It had two roots that dug themselves
firmly in to the ground next to me.
It was screaming for me to pick it,
practically begging for it.
And although I knew at that moment,
that picking it would alter it forever,
I decided to anyways.
Ever since then I've taken care of the flower,
since it was my choice to pick it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's good to have personal accountability/responsibility for your actions. it tells me people can trust you. your thoughts / words / actions are representing the very best of who you are.