Thursday, October 26, 2006

Natural Qualities of Human Beings

Perfection lies in wholeness and completion,
not in subtraction and addition.
True beauty exists in the natural,
for things such as the sky need not be bigger.

And the trees have no need to gloat
about the size of their branches
or "how many rings they have".
The young and pure ones have none.

So what of what I think?
I have an opinion just like the other guys.

They like the centerfolds
that come with each new issue.
I like what you see in those photographs
you have taken in the little booths.

Give me passionate eyes,
or smiling lips.
I'd rather have ears that listen,
and a voice that says "I love you".

So going back to nature,
I ask - what is beauty?
It's a growing oak tree,
that ages with nothing but dignity.

No comments: