Friday, April 21, 2006

Sometimes I wonder...

I wonder if two people who are destined to fall in love have ever stared at the same star in the sky, and asked themselves if they would ever find someone to be with. I wonder if they did this on the same night, at the same time, in the exact same moment. Perhaps they were continents apart, or cultures apart. Perhaps they speak different languages, and live their lives differently. But even still, their wish to fall in love remains the same, as they stare at the same star in the night sky, and make the same exact wish.

I wonder if they will ever meet, and if they will fall in love, or if something unexpected will happen. I wonder if they could pass each other on the street, and never know it. Oblivious to the love which is desperately trying to work between them. I wonder if they see what has appeared in front of them. Perhaps they are unable to see, and will forever be unable to see. Perhaps they will never get the chance in the first place. Perhaps the wish they both made on that night, will simply fade away with time, in to the infinitely growing depths of the past.

I wonder about all the people out there, who stare at the same sky, at the same star, on the same night, at the same moment. I wonder how many people out there, are staring at the stars, like me. I wonder how many might possibly be staring at the same star I'm staring at, on the same night I'm staring at it. Perhaps no such person exists. Perhaps they do, but I will never meet them. Or perhaps I have to find this person, so they can watch the stars with me, and I can make it true.

Or perhaps...
They never existed in the first place.


Nah...

Life is too miraculous for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of a scene right out of sleepless-in-seattle. a universal theme about love and kismet/fate. keep in mind love knows no time boundaries or space boundaries. this would be hard for the ego to accept. can you?