Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Passion

Take me by the hand,
And lead me towards my dreams.
So I can be lost in this life,
Where nothing is as it seems.

Just remember to be gentle,
While my soul continues to seek.
To love with this love that I love,
That carries me from week to week.

Something truly magical occurs,
In the world each and every day.
But nothing ever happens to me,
So I continue to sit and pray.

I'm praying for this passion,
To come and sweep me off my feet.
I'm tired of living an empty life,
The drum of my life the same old beat.

I have no true identity,
That I can call my own.
I am shaped by this world,
And what it to me has shown.

I'm running out of people to be,
So perhaps it's time for me to see.
That I can move on in to eternity,
Where you exist, waiting for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful, i freaking love your mind and how it thinks. i love the expression of yearning for passion (in a relationship) but possibly other things. remember it is important to discover who you are (by yourself) and love yourself before you can TRULY let someone in. so cliche, but i think it rings true for so many. this poem is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Another cliche - but a true one - you can't truly find love, like, friendship, etc. if you don't really love, like, and would enjoy being friends with yourself. If this is about someone you know, help them find their goodness and how to express it - then they will find more and more people relating to them. It's hard to love or like someone who truly doesn't seem to like themselves.