Wednesday, April 25, 2007

what will today be like? how about tomorrow? should we start planning for next week? our lives are cluttered, our minds are filled to the brim. we're constantly worried about things. we wake up, and nothing seems to have changed. but this is not necessarily a bad thing. and when you feel overwhelmed, or if the day, or perhaps your life, begins to slowly creep up on you..

stop.

close your eyes.

and take a deep breath. allow the pleasure of life to fill your lungs and exit through your mouth. that's all you need to worry about this moment. steady breathing and focus. life comes at you one thing at a time. sometimes we can handle that, sometimes we need help. seeking out this help is normal. depending on yourself to get you through is, too. all you have is today. tomorrow does not exist, and yesterday is already gone. you would no sooner stay up at night imagining ghosts exist in your closet, than you would worrying about the phantoms of the future. sooner or later the ghosts will burst out.

life isn't always about moving forward. sometimes it's about stopping. allow yourself to stop once in a while, we are not machines. we are life forces like the trees and water, with our own meanings of existence.

the world is so much simpler at 2 a.m. in the morning with all of the lights out and only my thoughts and music to occupy my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really good. Worrying about "life" is what I do best. I don't even have the luxury of the 2a.m. quiet time. If I'm awake, worrying about "life" is my constant companion - I would love to know how to "stop" for awhile - to catch my breath- relax my brain. What a waste of time I spend doing what I'm doing, but I can't stop.

Anonymous said...

isn't it the truth, life is easier to think about when it's dark, night, quiet. i really like the message here, we should all try and live by this. it's a challenge for me...