Tuesday, August 14, 2007

i never knew the friends i had
until i looked back and said goodbye.
i never got the respect i deserved,
until i was halfway out the door.

farewell to you all,
after these 3 long years.
i will probably never be back,
or see you again in my life.

the only place i can be myself,
crazy, talkative, friendly, confident.
when half of those lights go off,
my amicable dr. jekyll emerges.

no one will ever know my secret,
that you gave some of my happiest times.
you granted me some friends
that i otherwise would never have had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a push, however painful, can turn into something - not so bad, and maybe even a bit positive.
Wish people could see the positives sooner so that they could benefit from them. Maybe to remember this next time trying something new.