Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hope

Neglect of my life,
has led to many problems.
But only myself is to blame,
for no one else has caused them.

In an attempt to change,
I look within,
And there I discover,
A heart filled with sin.

A seed planted two years ago,
Which led me to temptation,
Now I must cut the full-grown plant,
Which has caused me much damnation.

I have not the tools,
For this arduous task,
And thus I seek others help,
Yet have no one to ask.

Those who are closest to me,
Attempt to help each day,
Yet each time I push them back,
And then wonder why they stay.

Only myself I have to rely,
Through the duration of this test,
And if I make it through OK,
Could be anyone's best guess.

Hope is my last resort,
The last solace that can bring,
My heart the proper medium,
In which to make my soul sing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope is a powerful thing.