Monday, April 25, 2011

i would

Let me start off by saying I do not know who you are, but I love you. Some unshakable part of me has always loved you. And it always will.

I would do anything in my power, and try my hardest if it were not, to bring happiness to your life. Whether as a result of my own actions or simply by giving you the space you need to discover it on your own. I would vow to fully support you in your pursuit of your own life's goals and dreams, encourage you when you want to quit, and be there if you fail.

For if life caused you to hurt -- physically, emotionally, spiritually -- I would be there if you needed me, or wait patiently if you did not. I would understand that some things in life are personal journeys, and would not force my own feelings of wanting to make things better on to you. I would simply be there for when you were ready, and trust you would find me when you were.

I would trust this and more. I would put my emotional and spiritual well-being wholly into your hands, and trust for you to tend them delicately. I would, in turn, treat your heart and love the same -- with loyalty, respect, and care. I would believe that if either of us broke that trust, we would love one another enough to forgive certain mistakes, learn to grow together from the wisdom gained by the experience, and be all the happier in the end for it.

I would be with you to the end. I would love you fiercely at first, coming to know all there is about you of the mind, the flesh, and the intangibles that truly define you. Later, I would realize there is much more to you than I ever imagined, and take joy in knowing the rest of my life will be spent unraveling the beautiful mystery that is you.

I would love you completely, yet without smothering you. I would always be there, trying my best to be exactly who you need me to be, whether that is a pair of ears to listen, a pair of hands to fix, or a pair of arms to simply hold. I would relish in performing those small acts of love that at the time go unnoticed, but then are later realized and thus made all the more special.

I would.
I would.
I would.

No comments: