Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the things i don't do in a day

i don't get up immediately when my alarm goes off. i don't turn on the lights and open up my curtains. i don't shave in the morning. i don't eat breakfast. i don't drink coffee. i don't carefully select what i wear.

i don't talk to anyone before class. i don't talk to anyone after class. i don't eat lunch with anybody. i don't let that bother me. i don't try to start conversations. i don't take my time going from place to place.

i don't call someone i might like. i don't tell my family i love them. i don't tell my friends i appreciate them. i don't remember to call my grandparents. i don't eat dinner with anybody.

i don't do homework late at night. i don't kiss anyone before going to bed. i don't tuck anyone in. i don't pray. i don't get a good night's sleep. i don't get up immediately when my alarm goes off.

--

While the things we -don't- do can seem negative, they can help to show us what we need to work on.

No comments: