Thursday, June 07, 2007

paris france, lost in the woods, and 8am computer programming

i remember the soap bubbles
on the screens of the computers
and the one friend i always had
in every computer class i took

i remember yearbook signing day
feeling so alone and left out
because i couldn't ask the simplest of things
not even to some of my friends

at a baseball park many years ago
my teammates and i made fun of you
but i can see now you're a fine man
and that you were then, too

i'm particularly upset at you
the ex i never had
for blowing me off my sensitive perch
down to the rocky terrain

you gave me a hope i'd never known
one that perhaps went to my head
and inflated me to uncharted heights
of doubtful expectations

my life is the same
it hasn't changed pace that much
in many ways i'm still stuck on yearbook day
with no one to talk to, waiting for the lonely summer

No comments: