Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Thousand Things To Say

There's a thousand things I'd like to say,
From the hard "I love you" to the easy "Hey".
But I have not the courage to say either one,
So they call me shy, and they watch me run.

The truth is I say these things late at night,
Where there's no one to hear, and no one in sight.
I say them to my self, over and over again.
Don't know how I'll tell you, and also don't know when.

If only I had the courage to call you up somehow,
You might even be waiting, waiting for me now.
But how am I to say, the things I say at night,
When being in your presence, induces a shyful fright.

Some may say if it isn't natural, it wasn't meant to be,
But those others don't understand, or see what I see.
They don't feel the growing fear, of rejection in my heart,
There's a thousand things I'd like to say, but my lips fail to part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why is it one can never find the words to say face to face yet they come so free-flowing when you're alone with the night?